Studying in Australia is a great way to experience the unique Aussie lifestyle while gaining great new skills. Australia has world class universities, practical vocational colleges and outstanding English language schools to support international students.
If you are looking to stay in Australia for an extended period of time, an Australian Student Visa is your best starting point.
You can apply for a Student Visa by studying:
- English Courses (General English, IELTS preparation, Cambridge, etc.)
- Vocational Courses (Business, Marketing, Tourism, Sport & Fitness, Hospitalities, etc.)
- University Courses (Bachelor’s Degree. Master and PhD)
BEMS is a specialized agency in education in Australia. We have strong relationships with over 200 Australian colleges, language schools and universities, and can give you personalized and free advice on where to study based on your needs and goals.
BEMS is here to provide a free support regardless of which study program you are interested in.
We will guide you through the complex process of obtaining a Student Visa in Australia, from the choice of a school to the enrolment.
Benefits of a Student Visa in Australia:
The Student Visa has multiple of benefits and can be the perfect solution to live in Australia.
- Study and Work in Australia
- Long-term and short-term visa
- No age limitation
- Obtain an Australian diploma
- Post-Graduate visa
- Include a partner a family member
Duration of a Student Visa in Australia
The student visa duration depends on the program you choose:
- if you enroll for a 6-month course, your Student Visa will be valid for 6 months
- if you enroll for a 3-year program, your Student Visa will be valid for 3 years
The program you choose must be between 12 and 52 weeks in order to be eligible for a Student Visa.
Depending on the length of your course, your visa will be granted with the following additional times once you finish your studies:
- For courses below 10 months of duration, you will be given 1 month extra.
- For courses over the 10-month threshold, you will be given 2 extra months.
- For courses over 10 months in which the term end date is December, you will be given 3 extra months.
Renewal of the Student Visa in Australia
You can renew your Student Visa as many times as you want, as long as you are enrolled in a course. However, you need to be advised that if you have had multiple student visas in the past, the Government may question the genuineness of your application.
Our expert staff at BEMS can explain all your options relating to extending or renewing your student visa.
Requirements of a Student Visa in Australia:
In order to apply for a Student Visa, you will need to meet the following requirements.
- Confirmation of Enrolment (COE)
- Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE)
- Financial requirements
- English Proficiency Requirement
- Australian Health Requirement
- Australian Character Requirement
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
BEMS staffs are always available to provide you the detailed information in this regard.