Professional Year

In the case of being an international graduate with an Australian degree or struggling to secure your first professional opportunity in Australia, Professional Year could be right for you. BEMS helps many young professionals through organizing Professional Year and Work Integrated Learning Programs for you from the high up and established training providers in Australia. BEMS gets students admitted in professional year program through our partner PY program provider and obviously with lower cost.

Professional Year (PY) Programs are gazetted by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) and are designed to address Australia’s skills shortage through enhancing the employability of recent international graduates in specific professions.

Professional Year Programs run for 10 to 12 months and are currently available in the fields of Accounting, Computer science and Engineering Australian industries where the demand for skilled graduates is high.

Upon completion of the Professional Year Program, qualifying candidates may also be eligible to receive points towards their permanent residency under the Skilled Migration pathway.

BEMS helps you to get connected to the accredited Professional Year providers that are recognized as leading quality Professional Year providers in Australia. BEMS has helped numbers of students so far through arranging for Professional Year programs.

Pre-Requisites for Professional Year Program:

An aspirant should attain the following requisites to sign-up Professional Year:

a) A complete degree in accounting, computer science or engineering or a closely related area from Australia.
b) A Graduate Visa (Subclass 485) allowing remaining in Australia for at least 18 months from the date of completion of your degree. c) Age limit 50 for the eligibility to get this visa.
d) An accomplishment of required qualification in last six months as a result of at least two years of study in Australia as well as possessing some particular required skills and qualifications for an occupation. 

Engineering graduates having the degree from a prominent institution outside Australia may also apply to complete for a Professional Year Program in Engineering. They need to apply for a Skilled Recognized Graduate (Temporary) Visa (Subclass 476).

Professional Year Promotion:

BEMS is able to provide you the following promotions:

  • IELTS and PTE materials
  • TR visa assistance
  • Special discount
  • And many others