The Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457) is currently the most common pathway of business sponsorship for overseas workers. 457 visa applicants must have an employer willing to sponsor them as part of the visa application process. Employers must meet specific Sponsorship and Nomination criteria before the prospective employee can apply. Applicants must meet specific criteria for the visa part of the application.
Your Sponsoring Company Must be
- Australian business that has been operating for more than 12 months;
- Australian start-up business, registered less than 12 months ago;
- Overseas business, looking to set up a branch in Australia.
The visa lasts for up to 4 years for established business operating for more than 12 months and up to a year for start-up companies that are newly registered. The current processing time is from 5 working days for approved sponsors and up to 2 months for new sponsors.
Dependent family members can be included on your visa. They will be allowed to work or study during the validity of your visa.
BEMS guarantees you the lowest fees on your visa application and professional service guarantee. BEMS specialists will advise you which sponsorship option will suit you best. We will be able to help you to arrange all stages of your application.
This visa is a permanent residence visa eligible for skilled workers. You will be allowed to work in Australia under one of the following three streams
• The Temporary Residence Transition stream
• The Direct Entry stream
• The Agreement stream.
You might be able to get this visa only if you
• Have been nominated by an approved Australian employer
• Are younger than 50 years of age, unless you are exempt
• Meet the skills, qualifications, and English language requirements, unless you are exempt
• Apply under the stream for which you were nominated.